WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE OF:
ENGINEERED WITH LAYTON, PLC
Please review our site to learn more about our engineering firm, our philosophy and how we can help your next water related project succeed. As you will learn with working with us we are looking for long term relationships...not just the next quick buck. We will work hard so you keep us as your engineer for a lifetime by:
Performing at a level of honesty and integrity that far exceeds our competitors,
At a price that is more affordable while
- Keeping you as an integral part of our design team...as our name dictates.
Our firm began when a friend needed an engineer on a project - it quickly turned from one project, into a company. Our firm owner and principal engineer is a U.S. Air Force veteran. He joined the military at the age of 18 out of a desire to serve his country as a 3rd consecutive generation of military servicemen. Thus as a service disabled veteran owned company it is our desire to continue this service and improve the lives of others. Our ancestry, background and existing community involvement indicate values of service above self are at our very core.
Thank you for visiting and please contact us with any questions or opportunities that you have. We are always willing to take a free look at your project and provide you with some feedback on how we can work together.
FIRM & FAMILY NEWS:
Engineered With Layton celebrates 5-years in business. We have not only been able to weather the economic storm but have grown in gross revenue each year. Our average revenue growth over the last 3 years has been 34%.
The Layton family welcomed Russell Patriot Layton or "Pate" on the 13th. He weighed in at 8-lbs, 3-oz with a length of 20.5-in. His siblings are much enjoying this new toy.
- EWL and CondorChem (a Spanish environmental engineering company) create a strategic alliance. New company in the USA is formed called CondorChem Envitech. Condorchem specializes in treatment of water, waste and air. Their specific niche is zero liquid discharge projects (projects where no water is wasted by cleaning the water and removing salts as a solid crystal or other manufacturing process chemicals or contaminants).
- Emery is appointed to the City of Maricopa Parks, Recreation and Library committee. I am excited to serve the City in this changing landscape. The City of Maricopa is underway with several CIP projects to include a City Hall, Park & Aquatic Center. Mr. Layton's trained eye will help the work of our Community Services Director, Mr. John Nixon, in realizing these projects in the planning, design and construction stages.
- Emery and Jen visited New Orleans to attend WEFTECH. We also celebrated with our trip our 5-year wedding anniversary.
- Emery attended the Rural Water Association of AZ conference in Hon-Dah, AZ. He presented a talk related to our work in Congress, AZ. The topic was "How to Pay for Capital Improvements...A Small System Experience". We discussed:
- the CIP process,
- Asset Management Planning within a system to be more "sustainable",
- Master Planning within a system to determine the most critical system needs (or CIP projects)
- Rate Analysis studies to determine what is required to provide for O&M, Reserve accounts and necessary CIP plans.
- How and where to find funding for your CIP projects and
- How small to medium utilities do some of the planning leg work themselves to further assist their consultants, save money on consulting fees and understand the results presented by their system consultants.
- EWL attended 2 hour webinar training on "Energy Efficiency for State Drinking Water Programs and Public Water Systems". EWL is committed to learning all we can on
- We took a bit of a break and vacationed with Family.
- Thanks Mom & Dad West for the great place to stay in California. Kids enjoyed the beach...except for Marin. She surely didn't like sand between her toes. Max had a blast with Braden building and digging in the sand.
- Thanks to Aunt Dottie and Uncle Kent and all other family for the great visit to Pinetop, AZ for the Layton Reunion. It was great to see Grandma and get to catch up with all our cousins. I will remind all that I did win 1 of the 2 bowling ball croquet games off in the woods.
- We are pleased to have Alex here for the summer. Hailing from WI he is sleeping a lot to help himself get used to the heat.
- EWL was pleased to volunteer again for our 3rd NASCAR race weekend at PIR. We appreciate being a part of the PIT SAFETY team. Thanks Gayle!
- Emery graduated from the City of Maricopa "Entrepreneur Training Program". Thanks to all the local businesses that participated, whether as a student or speaker. A special thanks to Jim Rives of Executive Leadership, LLC who was our coach and mentor. We gladly accepted our certificate of completion from Mayor Smith (photo below). Max entertained the room with cheers and clapping "between" honoring of every grad...when the crowd got silent Max livened up the room by making some noise. Thanks to Dad for coming out from Bosie, Id to attend.
- Gold Dollar Booster Pump Station Bids on 17 Feb 2010. Plans available at Congress Water District and PRI.
Emery attended the "Greening Water and Wastewater Utilities" workshop put on by MAG. Great discussions by local utility providers, regulators and consultants. Predominate discussions were related to optimization, reuse of digester gas, yellow and brown grease to biofuels and other savings tips more practical to large systems. See MAG WEBSITE for the presentations. Contact us if we can assist you in performing your small utility energy audit.
EWL joins the Arizona Small Business Association . Thanks for the 1 year grant of our membership fees!
Emery named Secretary for the Arizona Elite Service Disabled Veteran Business organization. He is currently working to compile a database of all veteran owned and service disabled veteran owned businesses within Arizona. Our "Summit" is coming up in March. Contact us for more details or see our VETS page .
- EWL is selected by the City of Maricopa to participate in the "Maricopa Entrepreneur Training Program" course funded by the Recovery Act. Many thanks to Jim Rives of Executive Leadership Institute who is our "Business Coach", Danielle Casey from the "City of Maricopa" who obtained the grant and all others (including my fellow students)j that are involved.
- EWL joined the Maricopa Chamber of Commerce. Thanks Bob for selecting me as your mentoree!
Congratulations...Our client whom we serve as their District Engineer was just approved by WIFA for a drinking water revolving loan not to exceed $3.5M.
- Congratulations...our daughter Marin Louisiana was born on 23 Sept 09 at 1300. She and mom are doing great.
EWL was listed by the State of Arizona as a "On Call" service provider. This is our first official accepted RFP submittal. Congrats to all that helped put this together.
- New company SOQ is done highlighting some of our small system work. See the SERVICES page to download a copy. For privacy I have hidden the references contact info. Please contact me personally if you need my references.
- Congratulations to my wife Jen. We found out that our next baby will be a girl. She is due 21 Sept 09.
- Congratulations to the firm. We have now been certified as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business by the Veterans Administration.
- Please feel free to review the documents presented at the Congress Rate public meeting presented on 16 March 2009.